HOPE Family Health Insurance Navigation Program
OPEN ENROLLMENT DEADLINE
***UPDATE 03/27/14*** | Attention Patients: If you are still in need of insurance before the March 31st ACA Open-Enrollment Deadline…THIS JUST IN: Anyone who either has an account established online (www.healthcare.gov) and tries to apply online or TRIES to apply by phone (1-800-318-2596) by Monday will be considered “In Line” and will get a 2 week extension to get enrolled by April 15th. If you are “In Line” and still need assistance call the health center today to make a free appointment with one of our full time insurance counselors! Spaces are very limited! To learn more go to www.hopefamilyhealth.org/aca***
Open enrollment for private plans on the new health insurance marketplace ends March 31st. After March 31st individuals who are eligible for Medicaid or CoverKids can still qualify for immediate coverage (eligibility will be determined during the marketplace application process). Most individuals who want private insurance will have to wait until the market place beings accepting applications for private insurance again during open enrollment for 2015. Open enrollment for 2015 begins November 15th and will accept applications through January 15th.
HOPE’s Insurance Navigation Program has a very limited number of assistance appointment slots available before the March 31st deadline. We encourage anyone wanting insurance in 2014 (this open enrollment period) who feels comfortable applying for coverage without assistance, to apply online or over the phone. To do this you will need to prepare the following before proceeding:
PREPARE TO ENROLL
- Collect Social Security Numbers or Tax ID Number for each person in the household
- Collect current Employer and income information for every member of your household
- Collect your most recent tax return (if you have one)
- A valid email address that you have access to (if you are applying online)
- If you own your own business, are a farmer, or are otherwise self employed, be prepared to report “profit” after “expenses”
- If your job offers health insurance to you or your family (even if you are not enrolled in it) have the following form completed by your employer. Please click here to open and download the “Employer Coverage Tool“.
STEP BY STEP HELP
Additionally, we have prepared a helpful step by step guide to applying for health coverage on the new insurance marketplace. Please click here to download the 2014 Step by Step Marketplace Application Guide.
WHEN YOU ARE READY TO APPLY
- To apply online please visit www.healthcare.gov
- To apply over the phone please call 1-800-318-2596
- To make an appointment with one of HOPE’s Certified Application Counselor’s please call 615-644-2000 and select option 7.
- There may be other Certified Application Counselors or Insurance Navigators in the Middle Tennessee area who can assist you with applying for insurance coverage before the March 31st deadline if HOPE’s counselors have run out of appointment slots. For help in locating assistance please call the Tennessee Primary Care Association at 1-800-343-3136.
GROUP ENROLLMENT EVENTS
HOPE is hosting 6 group enrollment events before the March 31st deadline. There are 4 slots available for each of these group enrollment events. To sign up for one of these slots please call 615-644-2000 and select option 0 to speak to a receptionist. Please let the receptionist you speak to know that you wish to schedule for a “Group Enrollment Session”. These group events are scheduled for:
- March 6th | from 9am until 12pm
- March 6th | from 1:30pm until 4:30pm
- March 13th | from 9am until 12pm
- March 13th | from 1:30pm until 4:30pm
- March 20th | from 9am until 12pm
- March 20th | from 1:30pm until 4:30pm