Internships at HOPE Family Health
HOPE Family Health offers an employment environment that is very different from what you will find anywhere else! HOPE makes it a HUGE priority to remain on the cutting edge side of where health care is GOING…and for that reason HOPE is a great place to choose when considering where to intern as you prepare for a career in health care.
HOPE offers internships/student rotations/volunteer assignments in the following areas:
- Physician Assistant Rotation & Clinicals
- Nurse Practitioner Rotation & Clinicals
- LCSW / Mid-level Mental Health Rotation & Clinicals
- Medical Assistant Student Rotation
- Licensed Practical Nurse Student Rotation
- Health Care Public Relations Internship
To learn more about these opportunities please contact:
Joey Forman, CIO/CDO/CCO
Chief Information, Development & Compliance Officer
615-644-2000 ext 473 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Available Internship Position: Public Relations Intern
Reports To: Chief Information/Development/Compliance Officer
Term: 1 Semester
Salary/Pay: Volunteer Internship
Posting Date: August 19, 2014
Applications Accepted Through: September 1, 2014
• Currently working on obtaining a Degree in Marketing/Public Relations, Journalism, Communication or related field.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
• Assists with the development and coordination of programs for marketing new and existing health center services to the community and existing patient base. Assists with the planning and execution of events sponsored by HOPE. Represents the provider organization in interactions with the community and creates and disseminates information on hospital activities of public interest.
(internship experience MAY include SOME or ALL of the functions listed below)
• Ability to maintain confidentiality; and both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers, patients, and visitors, and satisfactory job performance despite the stress of a health center work environment.
• Incorporates Mission, Vision and Core Values of HOPE into department, and ensures departmental employees and self adhere to these.
• Wears appropriate apparel for the position and displays ID Badge upon such apparel.
• Assists with planning, organizing, and writing the Health Center’s internal and external communications.
• Assists with planning and executing special events which serve to advance staff, patient, and community relations.
• Provides creative support for departmental publications and for all publications that advance the objectives of the Health Center.
• Works directly with members of the public and specific community groups on projects which enhance the image of the Health Center and advance its objectives.
• Contacts the media to promote innovative programs, positive developments, employee promotions, personal achievements, retirements or other goodwill information. Encourages open houses and tours to exhibit positive programs.
• Participates in appropriate community activities which reflect a positive image of the Health Center.
• Assists in the Design of ads and develop editorial copy for newspapers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Employees in this job classification have been identified as having the likelihood of occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials, therefore are included in the OSHA Exposure Control Plan with it’s specification for preventing contact with the above materials.
• The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
• Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control, or planning of an activity.
• Ability to handle situations involving the interpretation of feelings, ideas, or facts in terms of personal viewpoint.
• Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitudes, or judgments about ideas or things.
• Ability to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
• Ability to make generalizations, evaluations or decisions based on measurable or verifiable criteria.
• Ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions.
• Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations; or situations in which working speed and sustained attention are makeor break aspects of the job.
• Ability to handle situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards.
• Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
TOOLS/EQUIPMENT: (will be provided by HOPE)
• Various Software Programs including but not limited to:
– Microsoft Office Professional
– Adobe Suite including Photoshop
– Corel Draw
– Internet Explorer
– WordPress Web Editor